CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 9 February 2012

Let go.


Colossians 3:13 "Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."


Before now, this was just a word to me. A hollow word that had little meaning. This word has played such a significant role in my life lately. Who are we to withhold forgiveness from someone? We ask the Lord every day to be forgiven of our shortcomings yet we have a very hard time forgiving someone who has wronged us. We, as human beings, expect everyone to give us a break, yet ironically we will find that when others ask us of the same thing we are not quick to do so. I have learned that no matter what someone has done to me, if they completely abandon their pride and come to me asking for forgiveness, I will forgive every time. I want to be forgiven, so I need to forgive others. It's a beautiful thing, the power of forgiveness. It's amazing how it can instantly provide relief and make you feel better. Forgiveness has become so easy to me. I have learned the real meaning of the word, the reasons for it, and why it is such an important thing in all of our lives. I am so grateful for the ability to forgive others and that I am able to be forgiven of my sins. I am so very grateful that the Lord forgives me when I fail him, daily. We all fall short sometimes, say and do things we wish we could take back...Forgiveness cannot change the past, but it can change our future. Sometimes there are no reasons for the things that people do. No excuses or explanations that justify what they put us through. But remember, Jesus told us to forgive the same way our father forgives us. So we can move on instead of staying bitter. 

Love, me

0 comments:

Post a Comment