CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 6 June 2012

God is great.

Friday June 1st could have quite possibly been the last day I took a breath.
I will leave the details sparse.
I was in a car accident.
I hit another car, proceeded into the ditch where I ran into an electricity pole and knocked it over.
It was quite possibly, one of the most traumatizing experiences I have had. In that moment, when you're spinning, skidding uncontrollably...you feel helpless. All you can do is pray to God that he will make the blow as minor as possible and that you will still be breathing by the end of it. You completely black out. You can't think. Don't know what your hands are doing or what you should be trying to do...After the impact, you forget what just happened. It's all a blur.
By some miracle, no one was injured.
These past few days I can't stop thinking about the crash. Everything that could have possibly happened. I could have hit more than one person. The electricity pole could have fallen a different direction and seriously injured me, or possibly killed me.
Thinking about it has made me realize how blessed I am. It was a miracle that I, and the other driver walked out of there without a scratch. Someone really is looking down on me from above. I started thinking, I must have a purpose here on this earth. God wants me here to fulfill the plan he has for me. It makes me think that God has a big plan for me. That I am meant to be here. That he loves me and is always looking down on me. He knows me. He cares about me. He loves me. He spared me my life. I can see that it was God's caring hand in this situation, nothing else.
I've always heard members of my church say that while you are serving a mission, preparing or awaiting a call, you have a special protection upon you. I can't say I ever believed this 100% until this accident. I know what my purpose is here. I am awaiting a mission call right now. Right now, my purpose is to serve a full time mission for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints. I now believe that I do have some sort of special protection over me. Protection so that I can fulfill my purpose and do it with all of my heart.
I am so grateful to everyone that sent me a text that day, the police officers who were so gracious while I was having one of my famous anxiety attacks...and last but not least, my mother. I ruined a brand new beautiful car. She could have been furious with me. Instead she let me know how grateful she was that I was still alive and that cars can be replaced, but I cannot.
I am so grateful for Gods hand in my life and the knowledge that he knows and loves me. I am so very blessed to be here today and to be given the chance to serve him for 18 months.




Love, me


1 comments:

Carma J Hughes

Dear Jenni girl,
So grateful you were protected!
Missions are the best! I am so happy that you have decided to go on a mission! I LOVED my mission! Still not a day goes by that I do not think about those experiences and those people and the Spirit that changed their lives and mine!
Your heart will heal as you serve! The Spirit will make up any lack you have, and you will be amazed at what you can do!
Your blog is sweet and real! You are gifted at sharing your thoughts and feelings!
I love you Jenni girl!

Post a Comment